View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Brandon

Points: 30,381, Level: 25 Points: 30,381, Level: 25 Points: 30,381, Level: 25

Re: when does drunken sex become rape? - August 9th 2010, 05:19 AM

There's really no clear-cut answer to this. It's ultimately up to the jury to decide whether you'd be guilty or innocent. But here's the things that I think they would look at (keep in mind that I could be completely wrong but this is just something to think about:

1. If the woman goes to a man/woman College drinking party with the intent of consuming alcohol to get drunk, then she's putting herself in that situation. Women must acknowledge that being around men, or other women, while drunk, is not always a good situation to be in. Even though she put herself in that situation, it wouldn't be entirely her fault. Yes, it isn't right to take advantage of women -- especially if you're sober, and especially if you FORCED her to drink alcohol, but it wouldn't be as bad if you were drunk. If she was drunk and you were drunk, and she consented, then I don't think that she should be able to pull the rape card. But it largely depends on what the jury believes.

2. According to a study, 50% of women prefer having sex while drunk. (link: http://www.thefrisky.com/post/246-do...r-drunken-sex/)

This kind of confirms the first thing I talked about women putting themselves in that situation. Perhaps they wanted a man to take advantage of them. With the statistics and studies, it's really hard to judge whether a woman actually wants to have sex or not while she's intoxicated. You never really know their real intentions. Regardless of the fact that you never really know until she's sober, you should never have sex with a woman who's heavily intoxicated. But if you're drunk, she's drunk, she consents, you consent, then I think that there's no problem at all if she's not heavily intoxicated. But again, it largely depends on the jury.

Based on a recent entry, and correct me if I'm wrong, I think that you want to have sex with a drunk woman because you'd have a better chance of losing your virginity. I honestly think that's not such a good idea, if that is the case. If you end up having sex with a drunk woman for the first time, it may seem good for a little while, but after a while you may start regretting it because it wasn't a very impressive thing to do. Just throwing that out there though.