View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
off to a new life Offline
mommy to be <3
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 11,113, Level: 15 Points: 11,113, Level: 15 Points: 11,113, Level: 15

Did you have a blood test to test for down's syndrome and chromosome illnesses while pregnant? - August 20th 2010, 12:01 AM

I'm just wondering if it was an option for you or would you have liked it to have been an option for you, whether you chose to do it or not, and if the results came back positive did you decide to go for an amniocentesis? Or if you just had or were offered the amniocentesis, how did it go and how did you make your decision?

I never realized they could do a blood test for this. My midwife offered and it made sense at the time. I went straight to get my blood taken from the midwife's office, and now I'm wondering if I did the right thing. I'm not in any high risk group for a baby with chromosome problems, so it should be okay. If it did come back that the baby could have something though, I would want to know just to be prepared. I am so afraid of getting an amnio though because there is risk of miscarriage. I know the risk is low but it still freaks me out. Gosh this is scary!

I'd just like to hear other people's experiences and stuff. Thankss!

From your head down to your toes,
You're not much, goodness knows.
But you're so precious to me,
Sweet as can be,
Baby of mine.