View Single Post
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! Offline
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25

Re: How much homework and how much studying time is normal for college? - August 28th 2010, 03:03 AM

It doesn't matter what others say as to how long it takes them for studying and reading because they're not you. The time that's necessary is the time that it takes and all courses aren't the same. If there's reading involved, then it doesn't matter how long it takes you to read the stuff. What matters is how long until you understand it, which may require several re-readings. A class of two hours can require little studying or a lot, depending heavily on how brutal the professor is. I had a third-year class in neurophysiology that was 3 hours class time per week but not a single person in that class needed 3 hours. Everyone needed much more because the professor was known for making rather easy labs but the most brutal tests and exams, where a mark of 40-45% was considered pretty damn good (i.e. class average). Other classes the professors are very easy, give easy work and not much reading but can last also 3 hours class time.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)