Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

Points: 39,834, Level: 28 Points: 39,834, Level: 28 Points: 39,834, Level: 28

Re: do you feel marginalized by your religion? - September 3rd 2010, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfoot View Post
Can you elaborate? Do you feel rejected on a gender level or on a imbalance in what you believe and what the church/outside wants you to believe? And
I feel that since my views are based on Christianity, but are not pure to what they would like me to believe, they feel as if I'm a sinner to be saved.... Still. Even thought I have attained my Salvation they still want to mold me. If I speak up, they don't like it. If I stick up for people that are not of my religion or say I'm against converting others they don't like that either. Just things like that.

I feel rejected by the outside world because they are judging me based off the fact that I'm a Christian. They label me to be like the rest and It pisses me off. Because I believe in a creater, a Lord, a higher power... I'm considered stupid. And when I say science and faith go hand in hand.. They simple ignore that because they don't know what to say.

Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."