View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
John 6:29 Offline
Romans 2:6-8
I've been here a while

Name: Michael

Points: 17,013, Level: 18 Points: 17,013, Level: 18 Points: 17,013, Level: 18

Re: do you feel marginalized by your religion? - September 3rd 2010, 04:38 AM

I voted other. The reason being is because if my organized religions standards are opposed to the Bible I do not mold to their views, but to what the Bible says. If that makes sense. I do go to a building every Sunday, but I can tell you if something overtly heretical is said by a Pastor, I'm gone.

It seems there's a lot of heresy going on in Churches all over and splits in denominations and the like, so yes, I'm part of Christianity, but there's a whole sect of it that is just counter-biblical teaching.

I go to a non-denomination bible church. I am a "High Calvinist" in my doctrinal beliefs. That is, in regards to TULIP.

"Daniel broke the kings decree, Peter stepped from the ship to the sea, there was hope for Job like a cut down tree... I hope that there's such hope for me... Blind as I've become, I used to wonder where you were. These days I can't find where You're not. Mine's been a yard carefully surface tended, foxes burrowed underground. Gardening so highly self-recommended, what could I have done but let You down? The sun and the moon, I want to see both worlds as one." -Aaron Weiss, mewithoutYou