(#6 (permalink)) Old
footfoot Offline
My pal's name is foot foot.
Average Joe

Points: 10,569, Level: 15 Points: 10,569, Level: 15 Points: 10,569, Level: 15

Re: do you feel marginalized by your religion? - September 3rd 2010, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algernon View Post
I feel that since my views are based on Christianity, but are not pure to what they would like me to believe, they feel as if I'm a sinner to be saved.... Still. Even thought I have attained my Salvation they still want to mold me. If I speak up, they don't like it. If I stick up for people that are not of my religion or say I'm against converting others they don't like that either. Just things like that.

I feel rejected by the outside world because they are judging me based off the fact that I'm a Christian. They label me to be like the rest and It pisses me off. Because I believe in a creater, a Lord, a higher power... I'm considered stupid. And when I say science and faith go hand in hand.. They simple ignore that because they don't know what to say.
I can understand the frustrations here. I struggle not to judge my intensely religious friend. However, I always welcome her to defend her faith, contradict it, and explain it to me.

On a general level, I think a lot of people find these personal contradictions in their churches. Specifically, though, I'm wondering if you feel judged as a woman by your church or by outsiders seeing you as a christian woman.