View Single Post
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Kyeto-X Offline
Angel without a Halo
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Will

Points: 16,580, Level: 18 Points: 16,580, Level: 18 Points: 16,580, Level: 18

Re: do you feel marginalized by your religion? - September 7th 2010, 02:29 AM

I voted Christianity for the most part. I'm still working on defining my religoous beliefs

I was raised mormom so i know all about the marginalzation and the justification of it. Basically it comes down to woman can give birth and "create life" and thus have so much holy burden that it is that it would not be fair to give them another duty to fullfill. It was one of a madryd of reasons I left the church. I am a strong beliefer in equal oppotunity for those willing. so i think it is bullshit to give men a closer position to god and the church so that the wife can stay home.

As for if I feel marginalized now...Well it's not because of my gender but because of my sexuality. I am bisexual. I haven't really come out in front of an envangilical or anything, but i am out spoken on LGBT rights, and that has gotten me a lot of flak here already.

That along side that I honestly to not belief that I am a sinner and that you can think sexual and violent thoughts every once in a while and still make it into heaven. And I belief that mastubation is 100% normal and healthy, and that pre-marital sex is ok as long as you are aware of what you are getting into. And that homosexuality is just another expression of human sexuality and it is not a sin or makes for bad or imoral citizens or parents. And that I still belief in basic cosmology and intelligent design instead of the strict Genesis account. And that I voted for Obama...the list goes on

Yet i am a believe in God and that Jesus walked the earth and died for our sins. I am a black sheep by my own making and i wouldn't change it for the world

"One of the things I regret the most of being able to imagine anything,
is having to fear nothing"

"Realty is a lot more malleable then most people think.
They just refuse to believe that they can do anything about it."

"If a simple electron has a small,
but nonzero chance of doing the impossible,
what is stopping us from doing the same thing?"

-Wise Sayings from a Raving Lunatic
Follow me and my new book on Facebook!