View Single Post
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
John 6:29 Offline
Romans 2:6-8
I've been here a while

Name: Michael

Points: 17,013, Level: 18 Points: 17,013, Level: 18 Points: 17,013, Level: 18

Re: do you feel marginalized by your religion? - September 7th 2010, 11:17 PM

I don't feel marginalized, but I am a man. I believe that God has given specific roles to man and woman. Not that one is more important than the other, but woman can do such things that man can't, and vice versa.

Not to be stereotypical, but an example of this would be: Men ask for help with childcare, and women ask for help lifting things.

There's just certain things than men and women seem to be consistently more efficient on an overall basis. But psychology does the same thing. It marginalizes billions of people into a few groups.

IMHO, a lot of people are for "equal rights," but only when it benefits them. In areas where it doesn't benefit them, then they don't want equal rights in that specific area. In fact, it seems like more equal rights issues tend to treat the minority better, not equal. It's kind of contradicting.

Anyways, whether we like our "roles" or not is another story.

"Daniel broke the kings decree, Peter stepped from the ship to the sea, there was hope for Job like a cut down tree... I hope that there's such hope for me... Blind as I've become, I used to wonder where you were. These days I can't find where You're not. Mine's been a yard carefully surface tended, foxes burrowed underground. Gardening so highly self-recommended, what could I have done but let You down? The sun and the moon, I want to see both worlds as one." -Aaron Weiss, mewithoutYou