View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Fear Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 10,173, Level: 14 Points: 10,173, Level: 14 Points: 10,173, Level: 14

Re: Problem With Medication Now - February 14th 2009, 03:59 PM

I once overdosed on a prescription of mine. I had a similar reaction to yours and I stopped taking it afterwards because I became fearful of it. I was afraid I'd take it again and I'd get that feeling again. I, personally, stopped taking it for some time, but decided to get back on it after awhile. I just kept telling myself 'If I take it how I'm supposed to, I won't have any problems. Just take one and nothing will happen.' I told myself that while I took it and for a bit afterwards while I did something calming.

To get over the fear, it'll definitely take time. While I was still taking it, it took me awhile to finally realize it wasn't going to hurt me again. I would try other kinds of medication if it's really bothersome to you or try alternatives to medication for sleeping - which can be found online. However, if your determined to keep taking it because it works for you, just take it slow. Try not to stress out - do something calming. I'm sure your body will realize that the medication isn't a threat after awhile.