View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 33,029, Level: 26 Points: 33,029, Level: 26 Points: 33,029, Level: 26

Re: My doctor has reffered me to CAMHS? - October 23rd 2010, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
Thankyou so much for your reply, I really appreciate it!
My parents don't actually know anything about this.. or know about any of my struggles with mental health. Is it necessary that they know, or can I continue to keep it a secret? I really don't fancy telling them after keeping it on the down low for so long
Do you mind me asking - what exactly is t2?
And also.. will my age effect any of this? I'm 17, and next April turn 18. I know with some services that effects whether you can still receive help from them or not. Will it effect it at all? :/

Sorry I'm asking so many questions - don't worry about replying because I know I'm asking a lot. Thankyou again for your reply, you've been really helpful
It certainly would be funny if you ended up doing my paperwork, haha
I assume T2 is tier 2, but i'm not quite sure about this one. I *think* it goes up to tier 4 (the most complex issues).
If you're 17 then most things will be confidential. You might want to talk more about it with whoever you see - they're used to reassuring people and talking about the confidentiality policy. They will however have to tell your parents if you're in immediate risk of harming yourself or others.
Once you're 18, you're most likely to be referred to adult services.