View Single Post
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Brandon

Points: 30,381, Level: 25 Points: 30,381, Level: 25 Points: 30,381, Level: 25

Re: Teen's Rape Charges Dropped Because Victim Kills Self - November 11th 2010, 03:34 PM

I'd hate to be in that guy's shoes. There is no evidence to suggest that the 18 year old raped the 14 year old, and yet he's still called a rapist. The hostility from the mother was unnecessary. Her daughter chose to commit suicide. If she didn't, she might've been able to argue a case and convict the 18 year old. But since she killed herself, she brought that upon herself. You can't blame the guy for her actions. Because he wasn't proved guilty, the 18 year old was assumed innocent. It doesn't really matter whether the daughter killed herself or not. If you can't prove it, then it wouldn't make sense to convict him anyways. I find it absolutely hilarious how some people talk about the government being corrupt, and then turn around and want an 18 year old guy to be convicted of a crime that wasn't proven to begin with. That defeats the purpose of the justice system. You can't fight fire with fire.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 517856 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!