View Single Post
  (#35 (permalink)) Old
SaveMe Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Natasha

Points: 14,069, Level: 17 Points: 14,069, Level: 17 Points: 14,069, Level: 17

Re: Cutting/"Emo" jokes? - November 14th 2010, 12:58 AM

I personally can't stand jokes about cutting. I know they're jokes, but I've seen so many people become so hurt by them. They do offend me, a lot actually. However most of the time I just pretend to laugh it off, unless they direct it at a person. That's when I step up and know this needs to be dealt with. There was a situation I witnessed a girl making fun of another saying "Oh look I'm *namehere* and I cut myself!" She took a pencil and pretended to cut herself. I thought this was horrible.. so of course I said something.

Another type of joke that seems to be pretty common is people saying things like "Kill me" or putting their fingers up against their head resembling a gun, I personally do it myself sometimes. I don't find this is much of an issue in a way it's become more of a way of complaining I guess you could say. I've been suicidal in the past, and personally I don't find this offensive at all. It's something that people have done for so long. Though when people are mocking other people, or making fun of other people, then I find that it is an issue. But if it's simply a "Why me" type thing, I don't see too much harm in it.

And she fights so you won't ignore her,
'cause thats her biggest fear.

Support
Love<3

Keep your head up gorgeous,
they'll kill to see you
fall..