View Single Post
  (#22 (permalink)) Old
dejaentendu0 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Liz

Points: 10,878, Level: 15 Points: 10,878, Level: 15 Points: 10,878, Level: 15

Re: I'm Pregnant. - November 22nd 2010, 02:46 PM

Quote:
^ Ahh Thanks for that, I hope they give me some medication then, as it'll be so painful without it.. And paracetamol ontop of that sounds like a good plan.

&& about the doctors, that'd make sense. I'm going to try and get my courage up to go down later. As I have to go sometime before wednesday at least.. I just get there and then get nervous and come back home. I'm so stupid.

ThankYou
I'm almost positive they will. Almost every place does. And I assure you, it's not anywhere as scary or painful as you're probably making it out to be. As long as you have painkillers and maybe some anti-nausea medications, you'll be fine. I know going down is scary... I went down to talk to them and left. I couldn't do it until the day I had to. It's not stupid to be afraid to do so.

The procedure isn't too terrible at all. All you do is take one pill and then the next day, take four small ones. Then just lay down and - as someone suggested - use a heating pad, if you have one. Trying to sleep might help get through it and make it seem faster, if you can. My cramping lasted about 9 hours - it can last up til 12 though. If you take the pain and anti-nausea medications, it'll just be like you're having a period - mild cramps and the usual symptoms.

Make sure you have a bunch of pads though! You'll need them.
You tend to bleed for awhile and they also help to monitor how much you bleed.
Also, my doctor told me that if you go through more than two pads in two hours or if you pass a clot bigger than a lemon, to call them. I'm sure they'll go over this with you today though.

You'll be fine. It's not as scary as it sounds and you seem like a strong girl. ^^

Last edited by dejaentendu0; November 22nd 2010 at 02:55 PM.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 528740 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!