Nightmare Offline
Part time ninja.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Dan

Points: 10,021, Level: 14 Points: 10,021, Level: 14 Points: 10,021, Level: 14

Re: Questions for the opposite sex - November 29th 2010, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonTippedPetals View Post

My question to the guys: How do you deal with a girl that is self-conscious?
My girlfriend is quite self-conscious; she finds herself to be very ugly, but I find her to be the most beautiful girl in the world. She thinks she's stupid, her grades and I say otherwise.
Sometimes it's tricky. It really can be. So I do my best to keep her happy - compliment her frequently, but not overkill; don't jokingly tease her about looks or anything because she'll take it literally; tell her how much I missed her when I haven't talked to her in a while, ask her for help on homework when I need assistance and thank her for it, assist her on homework and try to stay patient (which is more of a theoretical here, I'm very impatient when it comes to trying to explain mathematical concepts that I understand and I can become a jerk about it, frankly it's one of my biggest flaws). if she says "you have to say that", I tell her that I don't have to say anything, I could just say nothing at all, send her emails and random notes telling her that I love her and that she's the best...

Some of this is just stuff I do because I love her, but I suppose it would probably be different if she had self-esteem.

...now I miss her. Thanks :P