View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
MeggieMoo1995 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Megan

Points: 11,137, Level: 15 Points: 11,137, Level: 15 Points: 11,137, Level: 15

Who says cutting's the only way? - December 12th 2010, 12:26 AM

Who says cutting's the only way to hurt yourself? I know it's the most used, not to mention the most heard of method, but that doesn't mean it's the only way.

When I was younger, I wasn't allowed to show any emotions. When they yelled and screamed and locked me in my room, I'd bite myself so hard there would be bruises for a few days after, and I'd scratch my arms with my fingernails because I didn't know how else I could show what I was feeling.
When I got older, starting probably at the beginning of middle school, I'd hit myself and bang my head on lockers. I'd smack my knees and elbows against brick walls because it felt good.
Then, at the end of middle school/start of high school, I started cutting. It made me feel better, even if only for a few seconds.

But now I'm at the end of my rope here. I haven't cut in a while, and I don't plan on doing so anytime soon, but nobody really cares about any of the other stuff anyways. They're just like 'uh huh, yeah, yep, whatever'. As long as I don't cause any permanent damage to my body, it's all good.

Right?

You can't control whether or not it rains, but you can control whether or not you bring an umbrella. <3