View Single Post
  (#25 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount31

Edit avatar

Re: Should LGBT Teens be able to openly serve in the military? - December 12th 2010, 06:06 PM

I think gays should be allowed to serve openly in the military, and I believe one of the main points that is deterring some people from wanting this is the "invasion of sexual privacy." However, members of the LGBT community have morals too. If they're half-decent, they're not going to force their sexuality on you if you do not want it, and they are not going to watch you get changed or the like. If they're truly dedicated to defending their country, they wouldn't risk their position by doing any of these things anyway. If this happens, it just means that the culprit was indecent and probably should not be welcomed into the military at any rate.

I also see sexuality as rather irrelevant to the military. The reason I want it repealed is more so that LGBT members cannot be kicked out if they're discovered, not so they can go around proclaiming their sexuality to all of their comrades. I don't see why it matters what someone's sexuality is -- gay, straight, or otherwise. The goal of the military is to defend your country ultimately, and I don't see the point of dwelling on it.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.