Thread: Pregnant at 16
View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Nope Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: No

Points: 13,066, Level: 16 Points: 13,066, Level: 16 Points: 13,066, Level: 16

Re: Pregnant at 16 - December 13th 2010, 01:52 PM

No offense, but you sound very naive. A baby takes so much work and if you don't already have a job, then why even think about it, especially at 16! Yes, you want a baby now, but when you have it you will find out it isn't a walk in the park. You have to get up about 5-7 times a night to feed, change, rock, and soothe your baby for AT LEAST 6 months of their lives, and you have to have money for doctors visits, clothing, food...and let's not forget your own expenses, like gas for the car and a car itself!!

I really hope I don't sound rude, but it just amazes me how many 16 year olds think that life would be absolute bliss if they had a baby. If you have a choice, don't do it. I love my daughter to death, and I'm really happy, but that's because I have steady, well paying jobs as a babysitter and a receptionist, a lot of love and support from my family, and I'm also going to college and high school at the same time.

Please think this over. In a few years, you may be married and ready to have a baby, but for now, please wait.
3 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.