View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
tranquilize Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lindsay

Points: 9,888, Level: 14 Points: 9,888, Level: 14 Points: 9,888, Level: 14

Re: What's your motivation to do homework and such? - February 18th 2009, 01:10 AM

Hey Amanda,

I'm a procrastinator myself; over the past couple of months I've been working on improving my time management skills and getting my homework done on time.

Here are just a few tips that I've found to be quite useful.
1) Find a quiet work space, away from people who will constantly nag you.
2) Listen to music, if it helps you focus, or even just wear ear phones to block out distracting noise. I've found that it helps calm your mind and keeps you focused on the task at hand.
3) Keep organized (I'm so horrible when it comes to keeping things nice and tidy, but it makes things easier in the long run.)
4) Place small realistic goals for yourself, and reward yourself with something you enjoy after you complete them. (ie; If I finish 10 math questions, I will give myself one bite of that chocolate crunch bar.)
5) Keep track of due dates on a calender. (Calenders are extra awesome, especially if they sport your favorite photos. ;D )
6) Get some more rest. Stress and a lack of sleep may be causing you to feel like you don't like anything anymore; it's best to get a good nights sleep so that you can be chipper and bright eyed in the morn'!

I hoped I helped!
Lindsay