View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! Offline
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25

Re: The paranormal and your religion. - December 15th 2010, 08:24 PM

I view ghosts, spirits, talking to spirits and the like as fairytales for children and good ways to get money from gullible people. I'm a strong atheist and although I am still looking through Satanism, I don't believe in their existence. Demonic possession I think is good for Hollywood movies, books and horror campnight stories. There isn't a way to verify someone is possessed and historical evidence lacked the current knowledge in psychology, biology and mind-altering drugs, so at face value, those historical accounts are worthless. Perhaps it was from eating certain molds that grew on crops producing psychosis, which is what helped fuel the Witch craze (i.e. witches flying) but we don't know. Other accounts are were people admitted they were possessed but again, we cant examine those accounts with modern science. It is possible the person had severe schizophrenia but it could've just as easily been from neurological disorders to, perhaps actual possession. Since it cant be known, I don't give any value to them. Modern-day psychics and such often have been reluctant to show their skills or state their psychic abilities only apply to very very specific things (i.e. cant tell the upcoming lottery number). Hence, it's great for Hollywood, ghost stories, or money-making from using gullible or delusional people.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)