View Single Post
  (#33 (permalink)) Old
John 6:29 Offline
Romans 2:6-8
I've been here a while

Name: Michael

Points: 17,013, Level: 18 Points: 17,013, Level: 18 Points: 17,013, Level: 18

Re: Do you and your parent(s) follow the same religion? - December 23rd 2010, 05:10 AM

No, I am Christian. My mom is a non-practicing Christian and my stepdad is a deist, borderline agnostic (he follows all the scientific theories but believes that an intelligent designer somewhere helped cause them). And to those who are Christian in my family, I don't necessarily see eye-to-eye with them theologically. My beliefs are crossing from High Calvinism over to Classical Arminianism (Arminianism of the Heart) and the Christians in my family are Moderate Calvinists or American Baptist in their beliefs (a paradox Calminian view which is logically inconsistent), and a lot are more theologically liberal whereas I'm more conservative.

"Daniel broke the kings decree, Peter stepped from the ship to the sea, there was hope for Job like a cut down tree... I hope that there's such hope for me... Blind as I've become, I used to wonder where you were. These days I can't find where You're not. Mine's been a yard carefully surface tended, foxes burrowed underground. Gardening so highly self-recommended, what could I have done but let You down? The sun and the moon, I want to see both worlds as one." -Aaron Weiss, mewithoutYou