View Single Post
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
John 6:29 Offline
Romans 2:6-8
I've been here a while

Name: Michael

Points: 17,013, Level: 18 Points: 17,013, Level: 18 Points: 17,013, Level: 18

Re: The paranormal and your religion. - December 25th 2010, 05:06 AM

I believe in spirits/ghosts, etc. however, I don't believe they are departed souls, I believe they are demons.

In regards to an afterlife, even if you don't believe in one, we still continue to live. Just as fertilizer though. We never truly really "die" physically. Our bodies just decompose and we lose consciousness and I suppose our "soul" -- all of our organs, etc. shut down, but we still technically live even after death.

But a literal life after death? Why not? It's unfathomable to me of non-existence. We could say, "It's like sleeping without waking up." Yet it's not sleeping because if it was sleeping we could say that when you sleep you die for a few hours and raise back to life.

"Daniel broke the kings decree, Peter stepped from the ship to the sea, there was hope for Job like a cut down tree... I hope that there's such hope for me... Blind as I've become, I used to wonder where you were. These days I can't find where You're not. Mine's been a yard carefully surface tended, foxes burrowed underground. Gardening so highly self-recommended, what could I have done but let You down? The sun and the moon, I want to see both worlds as one." -Aaron Weiss, mewithoutYou