View Single Post
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
Dark-and-Twisty Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Nicole

Points: 15,882, Level: 18 Points: 15,882, Level: 18 Points: 15,882, Level: 18

Re: The paranormal and your religion. - December 26th 2010, 01:15 AM

I definitely do believe in ghosts; if you've ever seen the show "Ghost Whisperer," that's how feel it is. Ghosts are spirits trapped here on Earth because they feel they have unfinished business. Until their business is complete, they will wander the world trapped and possibly confused. Also mentioned on Ghost Whisperer, I believe young children can see ghosts. That's where imaginary friends come from. We don't remember ever seeing ghosts because as our minds have matured, we have shut it all out.

My mom swears when I was a little girl she walked in on me talking to my dad shortly after his death. I don't remember it at all, but she says I did.

I also believe that the crossed over can communicate with the living through dreams. I've had too many dreams that suggest that. My grandfather who died before I was even born 'visited' me. He spoke to me.

Also, I believe my father crossed over to the 'other side.' The last dream where my dad spoke to me I had when I was about six or seven. He told me that it was "his time to go." He hasn't spoken to me since, though I have seen him briefly in dreams.

I've experienced death a lot over my lifetime, and maybe that's why I have so much faith in the spiritual world.

The strangest story I can tell you was shortly after my step-grandfather died. I was nine. Shortly after his death, the television in the room he died in would turn on at random throughout the night. Ghosts can mess with the electrical circuits. There was an episode of Unsolved Mysteries that talked about the radio turning on at random during the night, too.

"You say you're all dark and twisty. It's not a flaw, it's a strength. It makes you who you are."

~ Derek, Grey's Anatomy