(#19 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Brandon

Points: 30,381, Level: 25 Points: 30,381, Level: 25 Points: 30,381, Level: 25

Re: Kenneth Tong Promoting Anorexia - January 9th 2011, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinfool View Post
Yes and no.. anorexics can spur each other on/make each other worse. And giving someone advice on how to starve themself acheives the same objective- its not just saying 'well you want to do it, here's how' its telling people that its ok/a good thing to be starving themselves. I agree with free-speech.. fine. But not in certain instances where its inciting people to do 'bad' things they might not do otherwise.
Perhaps you scanned through my post. Here's what I said:

Quote:
...I would suggest otherwise but would provide information on how to do those things if their decision was already made.
This means that I would tell them that it's not the answer, but if what I say or do still doesn't convince you otherwise, here's how you do it. I'm not going to deny someone support and advice just because they do something that I disagree with. Anorexia isn't against the law, it's a moral issue, and what they do is beyond my control. People make their own decisions, regardless of what you tell them. Just because someone told me to "go kill myself" doesn't mean I'm obligated to do it, and just because I provide information on how to become anorexic doesn't mean that I'm promoting bad decisions. No, I'm supporting decisions in general that are not illegal.