View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Millarw12 Offline
Not a n00b

Points: 10,090, Level: 14 Points: 10,090, Level: 14 Points: 10,090, Level: 14

Re: Dieting to an addiction? - January 18th 2011, 11:18 AM

Look i know how it feels to look in the mirror and all you can see is fat. I constantly battle this every morning. What I've tricked myself into doing is checking my BMI, and i try to stay around middle to lower-middle range of a healthy BMI, because that IS the healthy weight to be. I also confront myself in the mirror every now and again after i get out of the shower. I stare at myself and battle the thoughts like "You fat ugly cow" and "You are disgusting, look at all that fat around your tummy and thighs!" and i counter act them by picking out parts of my body i actually like, no matter how small/weird/insignificant it still helps. I usually start from my head and work my way down choosing parts of my body I like or am comfortable with. For example i really like my shoulders and that general area, and my lips and eyes.
Basically you have trained yourself into this state, and if you really want it you can escape it by re-training your mind. There is no easy way out, its a long process but if you want it, you can achieve it!

I hope this helps at all, good luck!