(#13 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Taylor

Points: 18,584, Level: 19 Points: 18,584, Level: 19 Points: 18,584, Level: 19

Re: 90 Pregnant Teens, ONE High School! - January 23rd 2011, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma01 View Post
Blaming a TV programme is a real joke, you know that! You can't blame 90 teens getting pregnant all because they watched one TV programme! I watch these programmes, and if anything they more put me OFF getting pregnant. It all depends on the person, sure the TV programme may make them want pregnancy more, but if they really didn't want to get pregnant, they wouldn't. They obviously did want kids, and thats just how they are.
Well yes obviously a lot of these girls got pregnant on purpose. But why can't we blame a TV show for putting that idea in their heads. They see these girls getting their own freaking TV show! That's all it's about, I get pregnant young I get to be on TV isn't that cool. That's their mentality. And they could have the best parents ever, that taught them all about precaution, and how not to get pregnant young, and stuff like that. But when you turn on the TV and see shows dedicated to these girls, go check out of the grocery store and see them on the covers of magazines, that's all they want. They don't think about anything else but that they'll get famous if they get pregnant.

"For Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed." -Caitlin McGrath

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"But the music's so happy!" -Little Sally: Urinetown

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 567935 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!