Smitten Offline
WÀÑÐÊRINGæŠØÚL
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Smitten

Points: 15,982, Level: 18 Points: 15,982, Level: 18 Points: 15,982, Level: 18

Re: Religion and Children - February 20th 2009, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider*man(girl) View Post
Eventually they're going to find out religon exists, then they'll wonder why they were never taught.
I disagree, I was not brought up with any religion and when I learned about it I researched different religions myself. Never did "what wasn't I taught" enter my mind, it didn't matter to me in the slightest because after my research I found (and still find) all religion to be silly
My Parents never baptized or initiated me into any religion, they thought that it should be my choice what faith to follow when I came of age to be able to understand what each religion taught and stood for. If I ever had a question about a faith that they knew the answer to, they would answer it. I would not have it any other way. (thanks Mom and Dad!)
Personally, I believe all children should be raised with the same respect for individual choice.
My Parents taught me morals, ethics, and what it means to be a good person without any religious values what-so-ever.
I am active in my community, help the poor and old, organize and work in community, beach, and river clean-ups, Teach lesson plans to children in elementary school, and am great friend and the best boyfriend Imaginable, I am a genuinely nice person and treat everyone with respect and empathy regardless of race, sexual orientation, or ethnicity. I am a good person, all without the slightest religion influence.
I am living proof that Humanism is successful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rican Roll View Post
You can raise a child without a religion but still teach him about religious histories and such. You don't have to grow up a christian to know about Christianity.

I fail to see the point you are trying to make.
As I stated above, I am proof of this methods success.

You know you are on the precipice of greatness when you feel joy, fear, and the butterflies of change all at the same time.

Last edited by Smitten; February 20th 2009 at 03:32 AM.