View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
anony mouse. Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 30,320, Level: 25 Points: 30,320, Level: 25 Points: 30,320, Level: 25

Re: Using alcohol as a confidence booster... - January 24th 2011, 05:16 AM

Here's the shitty side of your situation--you may think you're the coolest, funniest, most charismatic guy in the room...but in reality, you could quite possibly be really annoying. A lot of people just get louder when they're drunk. They think that they're having a treat time when they're actually just pissing off everyone around them. You stated that you're drinking to get more confident--that's a really good first step towards quitting! You have identified the underlying cause for your drinking. Now, what I would suggest is that you could start doing some confidence exercises. This could include creating a 'confidence mantra': a phrase that helps you feel more confident as you repeat it. There are many more ways to bolster confidence. I believe the root of cinfidence is having high self-esteem. That's easy to raise. Taking care of your body and health is a good start, as well as doing things that make you feel good. Make sure these things DON'T include drugs, alcohol or anything in excess that can be harmful, though! I hope my suggestions helped. I'm always around, so drop me a PM or VM whenever.