Jocelyn. Offline
Now fight.
I've been here a while

Name: Joce

Points: 15,451, Level: 18 Points: 15,451, Level: 18 Points: 15,451, Level: 18

Re: 90 Pregnant Teens, ONE High School! - January 24th 2011, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
But don't worry about them! They'll be living off taxpayers, so they should be safe from harm!
What is actually worse than that is the fact that these children, as stated in my PP, will most likely grow to lead the same lives as their parents. It will be a vicious circle of poverty, lack of education, teens becoming parents, and my guess that also will include a mix of some mental/physical abuse, gang violence and drug abuse.

Also, as already stated, the amount of families on welfare and food stamps will continue to rise. Although, these families will still continue to struggle on very little income with little hope of ever doing better for themselves.

So I wouldn't quite say "don't worry about them" and "safe from harm."

Of course I know that all teen pregnancies don't occur in poverty ridden areas, and that all teen parents won't be confined to ending up on government assistance as well as ending up in other scenarios I've stated. However, the statistics don't lie... especially for the teens at the type of school mentioned in the OP.

When reality is a prison, your mind can set you free.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 567935 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!