(#42 (permalink)) Old
off to a new life Offline
mommy to be <3
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 11,113, Level: 15 Points: 11,113, Level: 15 Points: 11,113, Level: 15

Re: 90 Pregnant Teens, ONE High School! - January 25th 2011, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Stories like this make me sick if I'm honest.

These girls should NOT receive ANY money from the government. Leave them to fend for themselves I say.

I'd also like to see them forcibly sterilized.
Well, responses like yours make ME sick. These are teenagers we're talking about. Young people are notorious for making mistakes. They have already made their lives a million times more difficult by having a baby and now you want to punish them further by taking away their ability to ever have another child? Also, who do you think is going to suffer by not giving these mothers money? The innocent babies of course.

I understand that it's frustrating to see stupid teenagers getting pregnant and using hard-working tax payer's money, but you should also understand that people (especially young people, and even moreso in poor neighbourhoods like the one in this story) make mistakes. These teens are going to have to grow up now and life will be very difficult for them. The best we can do is try to help them get an education and better their lives for themselves and their children (which will prevent the cycle from continuing).

From your head down to your toes,
You're not much, goodness knows.
But you're so precious to me,
Sweet as can be,
Baby of mine.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 567935 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!