View Single Post
  (#29 (permalink)) Old
BigBL87 Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Points: 10,910, Level: 15 Points: 10,910, Level: 15 Points: 10,910, Level: 15

Re: Republicans redefine rape for abortion laws - January 31st 2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post

Saying "rape" is "rape" isn't that simple. If I'm a law abiding citizen, I'd like to know what I can and can't do in a clear and simple message. Statutory rape is not the same as forcible rape. If I was a convicted felon, I'd rather be charged with statutory rape than forcible rape. If we just said "rape" in a very generalized manner, I could be a convicted felon for "rape" and people would assume that I took advantage of someone, that I'm a monster according to society, and that I need to be hanged in public. But if it's statutory rape, that implies that...I had consensual sex with an underage female, but it's connotation (or denotation...forgot which one...) is different. I still committed a crime, but it's not AS bad as forcibly raping a woman without consent. So I think that clarification is important. But to be honest...I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say.
Interestingly, on the opposite side, in prison you would want the opposite. Statutory rape is viewed as much worse among prisoners, which is kind of ironic.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 573232 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!