(#3 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Points: 48,277, Level: 31 Points: 48,277, Level: 31 Points: 48,277, Level: 31

Re: 10 Months and Still Feel like Cutting - February 2nd 2011, 02:52 PM

Hey,

It kind of sounds like it wasn't too hard for you to give up self harm before, because you had other ways of feeling better. But now that you can't engage in those activities, the urge to self harm is coming back, or finally hitting.

The thing is, now that you have a baby it's even more important to be making healthy decisions for yourself and for your baby. I'm sure you've realized that the instant you become pregnant it's not "how does this effect me?" it's "how does this effect my baby and I?" You have to think about your baby just as much as you think about yourself, if not more.

And keeping your baby in mind, do you think you're going to do the best job possible raising him if you're constantly distracted by wanting to smoke weed or wanting to self harm? For these reasons I really think you should try to look for some healthier alternatives.

There are a lot of other ways to calm your mind down. Make sure you have some time to yourself without your baby. Go out with some friends and get your mind off of things. Have someone you can talk to about these things you stress over, that's also a great way to get things out of your mind.

You owe it to yourself and your baby to overcome this. I know you can do it.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts