View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Points: 24,570, Level: 22 Points: 24,570, Level: 22 Points: 24,570, Level: 22

Re: Pregnant Woman Takes Abortion Pill Due To Pharmacy Error - February 8th 2011, 03:16 AM

That's the thing. It wasn't an over the counter drug to terminate a pregnancy. That's how this happened. It was a prescription, that they gave to the wrong woman. I just don't see how this error could have been made if they followed all the normal procedures, without being careless. They should check birth date, address, etc. Every pharmacy I've ever been to has done so.

I honestly don't think she was wrong at all for her reaction. People trust pharmacies, they don't always check. And I know when I check, I don't look at my name. I look at the name of the drug and if she didn't know the name of the actual drug (instead of the common name that isn't on prescription bottles) and her doctor prescribed it KNOWING she was pregnant, I'm not sure it would occur to most people to check.

If I were her, and the baby ended up with any deformity, I'd demand the company pay any and all hospital/medical bills for the child for the rest of it's life. (unless it's obvious something else caused it like genetics)

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."