Jaden89 Offline
Taste The Rainbow...
Average Joe

Name: Malissa

Points: 10,133, Level: 14 Points: 10,133, Level: 14 Points: 10,133, Level: 14

Re: Attention Cutting Vs. Being Open - February 9th 2011, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody View Post
People who do these things for attention always bother me. They don't realize the seriousness of the issue and how it affects those of us who simply can't help it. Cutting isn't anything you should brag about.
When I used to cut, I didn't want anyone to know about it. I guess they wanted people to care and to say everything will be okay. But bragging about it is a whole other thing. Self harming is never good, so why try and do it more or worse then others? :/
This is why I find people who are looking for attention "annoying" and then I don't even think annoying is the proper word for it. I just don't like the fact that so many people are suffering really badly from cutting and sit in silence without the help they need while these people more often then not brag about their cutting and are offered help but refuse to use the recourses they'd given. I find it sad. Obviously both people are hurting, that much I'll admit but at the same time I just find it ridiculous that these people, obviously looking for attention, brag about these things. As an ex-cutter myself, who suffered years before finally seeking help I almost feel it's a slap in the face to be completely honest.