View Single Post
  (#39 (permalink)) Old
OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! Offline
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25

Re: Pregnant Woman Takes Abortion Pill Due To Pharmacy Error - February 11th 2011, 05:00 PM

The pharmacist isn't solely to blame here. Although they probably know more about the medications, arrange them for each person and we assume they did it correctly, the woman is responsible for verifying it herself. Most pregnant women are hyper-vigilant over what medications they take. Since she didn't read the label and got affected, she shares half the blame because she is responsible for what she consumes. The pharmacist did not have her take the medications, the pregnant lady knowingly took the medications carelessly without reading the container. She's the line of defense over what goes into her body but she put that line of defense down, that's her fault and her fault only, not the pharmacist's. The pharmacist is a line of defense also but is secondary.

What if there were specific foods not to take with the medication or had to take the medication with only certain foods? Ignoring any unlikeliness of this, it could have been necessary for the medications yet her carelessness would have led her to taking them improperly, even if this applied to the medications she was supposed to receive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ball&chain
Honestly, you could have said that without attempting to make me look like an idiot by questioning whether or not I read the article.
If someone is rather clueless on something, usually it means they haven't read the information provided. That doesn't make you an idiot. Alternatively, if someone is clueless it could be because they did read the article but couldn't figure it out. That would make you an idiot. The fact you were asked the former has no implication of you being an idiot, so it's a nicer way of how you were answered by Invert despite you admitting you couldn't understand the article anyway.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)