View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
emma01 Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Emma
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 17,794, Level: 19 Points: 17,794, Level: 19 Points: 17,794, Level: 19

Re: this might be the beginging of an eating disorder. - February 12th 2011, 06:24 AM

I dont think you are at the beginning of an eating disorder, I think you have an eating disorder. The way I see it, there are 3 parts to an ED. The beginning of an eating disorder is when you try so hard not to eat, and that is when an ED can be prevented. Having an ED is when you actually can't eat, as hard as it is, you can't make yourself eat. Recovery Is pretty much the opposite of the first, you are trying hard to eat and to repair the damage

Sadly, its having the ED that is so hard to recover from. I know how you feel, you just cannot eat without feeling awful, and that is such a horrible horrible feeling.
Your friend is going about it the wrong way, but it is hard for her to understand. Think back before ED and SH, if someone wasn't eating, would you just bribe them into eating a bit? I know before I had an ED I would have done that, thinking it was attention and all. You could explain to your friend how you feel and ask her to just be there for you, rather than making it 10x worse.
DEFINATELY tell your therapist! They will not tell your parents straight away, it does depend on how bad you actually are though. But you need help to get out of this, and a professional is a great person to go to! Even if your parents find out, the therapist will explain to them how they can help, and that way you can have the support you need at home