View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Twisted Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Points: 13,581, Level: 16 Points: 13,581, Level: 16 Points: 13,581, Level: 16

Alcohol makes my body ache. - February 14th 2011, 01:45 PM

Ill give a little background information first. I started drinking at around 15/16 years old, it was mainly just on a Friday and/or Saturday night with friends, nothing to heavy. And most people my age were experimenting with it. I don't drink very often at all really, anymore. I met my boyfriend almost 2 years ago, he's not a big drinker and also i felt like I didn't need to drink every weekend anymore, I hate feeling hungover and it got boring. So I only do it on special occasions and sometimes I'll go to the pub once or twice a month (drinking age here is 18).

A few months ago whenever I'd have about 2 drinks (usually vodka and coke or alcopops or something) I'd start getting this aching feeling, not necessarily in my stomach but in the stomach area. As well as in my back, legs and arms. It usually lasts around 20mins/half an hour and then passes and I'll feel fine. But it's annoying and happens pretty much every time I have a couple of drinks. It's not like it happens after drinking a lot.

It ruins my mood and puts me off drinking even more. I just want to know why this happens. I smoke weed but was doing that when I was drinking more and it never did anything like that. I was thinking maybe I'm allergic but I didnt think allergies came out of nowhere. It's like my body tries to reject any alcohol. Has this happened to anyone else? Or does anyone know what might be causing it?