Thread: im pregnant!
View Single Post
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
anony mouse. Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 30,320, Level: 25 Points: 30,320, Level: 25 Points: 30,320, Level: 25

Re: im pregnant! - February 18th 2011, 09:29 PM

The way I see it, you've got three big problems here.

1. Your boyfriend may say that he's going to take care of you, but the fact of the matter is that you're both still kids. Children need a lot more than a minimum wage job can provide. This should give you a pretty good idea of how much a baby costs.

2. Your parents don't know yet, and your mom has already expressed her disapproval. If she acts upon her threat and does kick you out of the house, you'll be a homeless, pregnant 16-year-old. That is a really bad spot to be in, obviously.

3. You're young. I know a lot of girls your age who have had babies and kept them say that their decision was a good one, but a lot of the time it isn't. The overwhelming stress and anxiety that a baby brings is something that a lot of young parents can't cope with. Your relationship with your boyfriend will take more than a few bruises, and might even shatter completely. A breakup is hard enough without throwing a baby into the mix.

I think at this point in your life, you need to decide what you're going to do with this baby. You can abort, adopt it out or keep it. Not one of these decisions is easy and not one is without consequences. As for the short term, you need to (as previous posters have pointed out) go to a doctor to make you're actually pregnant, start getting prenatal care, and tell your parents (and probably even your boyfriend's parents as well--they need to know). If you're going to keep the baby, you're going to need financial help from your parents or boyfriend's parents, which is something that you'll need to talk to them about as well. Budgeting is very important. You also need to decide if you and your boyfriend are going to get your own place or continue living in separate residences.

Best of luck with your decision. I'm only a PM away if you need me. :]