View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
...Curt Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Curt

Points: 11,190, Level: 15 Points: 11,190, Level: 15 Points: 11,190, Level: 15

Re: Medication or Counselling? - February 21st 2011, 06:12 AM

To be honest, most of my experiences with counselors have been rather bad!

You have to consider that they are both a stranger and someone doing this as a job to make a living, awkward from the get-go??

So what i'm saying is, a counselor is more so like picking out a new car, or shirt. There are lots of good and bad ones.

Now that I think about it I did have on good one.

I would say the ratio is low, but there are some out there who would fit the kind of person you need supporting you! But be honest with them!

If you don't feel comfortable with them or feel like someone else out there could better suit your needs, let them know! There are a few out there who are fantastic and truly understand what it is to be where you are as opposed to the ones who have no understanding apart from that of a text. book.

As far as the anti-depressants... why not?
You have access to something that's sole purpose is to help you through the exact thing you are going through. That's not to say it will solve all of your problems for you, that's always falls completely on to you and you alone! But it's completely capable of easing the pain on those really hard times.

Myself, I didn't like the idea of taking them because I felt below everyone else when I did. They helped a bit.

It's up to you anyways!

Take care!! I hope truly, deeply and sincerely that things work out for you! =)
And if you ever need sometime to talk to feel free!