Thread: Triggering (Grieving): HOW THE ALCOHOL TOOK CONTROL OF MY DADS LIFE
View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
InMyTimeOfDying Offline
Beautiful Insanity<3
Average Joe

Name: Katie.

Points: 11,074, Level: 15 Points: 11,074, Level: 15 Points: 11,074, Level: 15

Unhappy HOW THE ALCOHOL TOOK CONTROL OF MY DADS LIFE - February 25th 2011, 06:23 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of death or grieving, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

my dad has been an alcoholic since as long as i can remember, my parents have been divorced since i was a little girl, which i cannot remember so much of. but im not here to tell you all the bullshit i struggled with without my dad in the picture. i'm here to tell you, about how alcohol is killing him and im scared. because the man i've grown to hate, and self-destruct over, is dying. his liver is not functioning at all, and his kidneys are starting to shut down. the doctors say maybe a few days or weeks left, compared to the 2 years they said before it go this bad. not enough time to know him, not enough time to try. they are saying hospice and then next DNR (DO NOT RESUSCITATE). im so scared, but i am numb to all of it, i cannot believe this is happening. the thing that scares me the most besides him dying, is me dying inside, and not bein able to live without him. HELP!