View Single Post
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Jocelyn. Offline
Now fight.
I've been here a while

Name: Joce

Points: 15,451, Level: 18 Points: 15,451, Level: 18 Points: 15,451, Level: 18

Re: What are you thoughts on dating services? - February 28th 2011, 05:55 PM

I really don't see anything wrong with using one. Of course the person on the other end could be some weird pedophile or could be a woman that's actually a man (some are really convincing!), but you take that risk when you flirt with someone face to face too. When you first start dating or even flirting with someone your really don't know much about them. Online you can at least browse a profile, see if you have similar interest and decide whether they are attractive to you and worth pursuing. You have options and can message multiple women and see who responds.

I find online dating services completely different than online dating. With services you usually talk to someone a bit and decide to meet in real life to see how compatible you are. You aren't committing to each other with out ever meeting like when dating someone you strictly know online.

Meeting people face to face may take more courage than online dating sites, but I find dating sites a little more personal even. If I'm at a bar with my friends and some drunk guy starts flirting with me and offering me drinks I'll most likely find him creepy tbh. If I'm online, whether it be social networking site or dating site, I kind of expect to be talked to by randoms looking to make friends and will be more open to talking.

Anyway, I met my boyfriend on myspace. We've been together for about 3 1/2 years now.

When reality is a prison, your mind can set you free.