View Single Post
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Quartet Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Melanie

Points: 11,640, Level: 15 Points: 11,640, Level: 15 Points: 11,640, Level: 15

Re: To all those who have been bullied, Do you believe it effected the way you function at school? - March 4th 2011, 09:30 PM

I was bullied pretty heavily when I moved from America to Holland.
At age 9 having to learn a whole new culture, language, and trying to grow up, it puts a lot of stress on a person.

Then add being teased daily, it really made school hard for me. My grades went down severely. I had no confidence, I dreaded school, I hated talking to people, it was horrible. I was teased for so many reasons, for a very, very long time I believed I was worthless and had very little awareness of what my self value was. It was from age 9 to age 11/12. Every. Single. Year. I had 0 friends.

I think anyone that goes through bullying in school, especially at such an age, will have a hard time in school during and afterward. I used to have a very hard time concentrating, but that has gone away for the most part. I'm typically an A student, but, of course, like everyone else on earth I have flaws. I procrastinate, stuff happens. I'd say that being bullied has had a very big part of why I am the way I am today.

Colours De Moi