View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Points: 19,512, Level: 20 Points: 19,512, Level: 20 Points: 19,512, Level: 20

Re: Cutting off from family? - March 14th 2011, 08:21 PM

Really, it isn't a good idea whatsoever. I understand not being able to stand your family. My mom and I... we aren't so good. My siblings are annoying and my dad is mostly absent. Anyway, even though I can't stand four out of five of them, I realize burning that bridge is not smart. If you ever need help, your family WILL help you. They can be whatever you want to call them, but if they are able they will help you, by cutting yourself from them completely will never be a good idea. Even now that my dad is turning Fifty soon, his parents still give him money for christmas. It's not that our family needs it, but it helps financially. I mean, that might seems shallow, just to keep your family around for financial help, but it is important to consider it BEFORE burning the bridge you might need to cross one day.

By ditching your family, you will not get a degree. School costs ten thousand dollars a year. Two to four years required for a degree. 75,000 to get a specialty degree like med school or law school. Bills add up to 1,000 dollars a month. Four to seven hours of schoolwork each day, as well as maintaining your home, even if you're part-time job pays twenty dollars an hour, and you only sleep four hours a day, it's just not possible. Time and money would both be unbalanced. Rooming is the only hope you have to do it, and event hen it's not possible.

I know it's tough not to get along with your family. But burning this bridge is the worst choice any young person can make. You're plan might seem good, but this is what it actually looks like:
1. Ditch Family
2. Get a degree and job
3. ???
4. Profit

I would really think this through man, but good luck anyway.

- Justin