View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
mIssIng:nO Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Points: 12,623, Level: 16 Points: 12,623, Level: 16 Points: 12,623, Level: 16

Athiesm and Religion are exactly the same. - March 25th 2011, 06:08 PM

Now, I know this title is completely wrong but I'm making a point.

I read alot of these threads and rarely respond because I'm flabbergasted at what some people say.

MOST OF THIS IS REFERENCED TO CHRISTIANITY, NOT BECAUSE I HAVE ANY PRO OR CON FEELINGS TOWARDS IT, BUT BECAUSE IT SEEMS TO HAVE THE HIGHEST POPULATION OF MEMBERS ON THIS SITE

Alot of you who are religious blindly follow what is told by the bible, and do not question it at all. And I need to know why.

Do you simply just believe what someone else tells you? But some people pick and choose what they want to believe, meaning they are not completely true to the faith they have chosen.

When you follow something blindly, you are missing the point entirely. When in a school lecture, teachers want you to debate and question what they are saying, not because you don't believe it so to speak, because you are actually listening, and debate leads to learning new things.
I do believe that Jesus is referred to as a teacher directly, and most prophets could be looked at as a type of teacher (spreading word, giving lessons, etc)

So in the end, is asking questions and debating your religion not the ultimate act of showing how "faithful" you are? If someone is willing to be open to the ideas that other religions follow/preach, then you may learn certain things about yourself/ own religion that will strengthen your faith.

But as soon as someone poses a question that directly challenges something about your religion you say "nope, god is an awesome god and is beyond science and factual proof", while I agree in some ways (you can't prove a "god" exists with fact) but as soon as you play the "You can't proove he doesn't exist card" you are instantly forfeiting the argument. While there is no way to directly debate whether he does or does not exist, it becomes a matter of faith, and accepting that there is a possibility that you may be wrong isn't going to enrage said god and get you put in a pit of fire, it's going to show you are a normal human being who is open to debate (look theres that word again). If you are willing to debate for the side of an argument that there is no possible way for you to actually "win" it shows the ultimate faith, saying "nope you are wrong, our god is an awesome god" you are blindly following someting, and do not understand the true meaning of life and learning.

And my question to Athiests who spew the "science tells us so" side of things. I'm in some agreement with you but I have a few questions.

1) Why do you naturally assume that everything is documented towards scientific findings is 100% correct? Science is all about expanding knowledge of what actually exists, and when you expand knowledge, certain things change about old things you already have looked at.

2) Not everything is released and made public, you automatically assume because nothing has been made public about discoveries that it hasn't happened. Plenty of technology isn't known by the public eye, so why do you always assume that knowledge isn't with held to?

3) Narrow minded thinking. Now I'm not saying athiests are narrow minded becuase thats just flat out not true. But my question to you is, why is this "out side the box" thinking made so evil in the eyes of Athiests. Critical thinking is good and needed yes, but without far fetched ideas and unorthodox thinking, many of the ideas we have today may not exist.

In the end, think for your fucking selves people. As soon as you say "we'll science says this" you instantly loose your own free thought, and take what others say as automatic fact. Please, think for your selves some what, yes, everything documented is great to have and scientific facts do point to certain things, thats the entire point of humanity as it is, evolution and the gathering of knowledge, but as we evolve in all parts of life, things change.

And to religious people, stop saying "Oh well my religious text says that there is a heaven and you have to do this and this and this to get into it or you burn in a pit".

Okay, thats great, but let me raise a question (to Christians, as it seems to be the dominant religion on this site). IN the end you are right and your so called "god" does exist in the sky, but he's mega pissed that everyone took his shit wrong. Maybe he just wanted everyone here to live happily on this planet after all it says in the bible that everyone is created in gods image. Damn, everyone eh, I bet yall got alot of explaining to do why you are so willing to seperate.

In the end (and this is just my opinion) Religious titles are the be all and end all of hate in this world. If Christians, Mormons, Jews and Muslims all dumped the tag and decided that maybe the text they follow was guidelines and not a fucking manual to how life should be lived, we wouldn't have had wars and crimes committed agaisn't one and other that we so did in the past. And I'd be willing to bet, if you dropped the NAMES from the texts, majority of people couldn't tell the difference between what religion they were reading about.

ALot of tihs is gonna be grammatically incorrect, I haven't slept well.

Last edited by mIssIng:nO; March 25th 2011 at 06:18 PM.