View Single Post
  (#42 (permalink)) Old
John 6:29 Offline
Romans 2:6-8
I've been here a while

Name: Michael

Points: 17,013, Level: 18 Points: 17,013, Level: 18 Points: 17,013, Level: 18

Re: Science, religion...thoughts - March 27th 2011, 02:36 AM

You can believe in evolution and the Bible. A literal interpretation of the creation in Genesis is debatable. I don't accept evolution, simply because I believe Genesis is literal, but there is definite support for a non-literal interpretation. And many Christians, Catholic and Protestant, believe in the Bible and accept the theory of evolution. Just because you don't believe in evolution doesn't mean that it's not possible. It's not restricted to your own interpretation or understanding. Yes, there is a definite meaning to Genesis, but there is strong support for both. And TBH, it has no effect on the soul, so I don't get into it. I find the arguments for the literal support of Genesis quite pitiful, and I also find conservative Christianities defenses against evolution, or Apologetics, laughable. It's really a failed attempt to "disprove" evolution. I do believe there is support for a intelligent creator, but I also don't believe there is much argument against evolution. I believe the two are plausible. Why do I believe intelligent design over evolution? Well, I believe it, because... eh, I suppose you can just call it "blind faith" on this one. But, really, I just trust Christ over science (perhaps still deem-able "blind faith").

"Daniel broke the kings decree, Peter stepped from the ship to the sea, there was hope for Job like a cut down tree... I hope that there's such hope for me... Blind as I've become, I used to wonder where you were. These days I can't find where You're not. Mine's been a yard carefully surface tended, foxes burrowed underground. Gardening so highly self-recommended, what could I have done but let You down? The sun and the moon, I want to see both worlds as one." -Aaron Weiss, mewithoutYou

Last edited by John 6:29; March 27th 2011 at 02:43 AM.