View Single Post
  (#45 (permalink)) Old
01love Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Lena

Points: 8,546, Level: 13 Points: 8,546, Level: 13 Points: 8,546, Level: 13

Re: Science, religion...thoughts - March 27th 2011, 03:53 AM

First - I'm religious & I believe in the existence of God. However, I'm also majoring in Microbiology & Immunology with specialties in Evolutionary Genetics.

I'm Catholic by birth, but I don't think my religious beliefs follow the Catholic regime. What I believe is exactly as I said - "the existence of God". As I study and learn more about the sciences, my belief in God gets stronger. The chemical reactions, the enzymatic processes, the exact concentrations of ions, transcription of DNA, translation of mRNA... I don't think all these things could've just happened by chance. Someone somewhere must have planned for these things to happen. We gave that higher figure the term God, so I believe in the existence of God.

I don't think the Bible should be taken literally. The Bible contains a lot of texts relating to God, but the Bible itself was composed, edited, and translated by people, just like us. Even if it does contain texts about Jesus and God and all other holy events, I don't think it can 100% accurate. In my opinion, creation stories in Genesis are just that - stories. I believe the creation stories are symbolic and metaphoric accounts for what really happened - the Big Bang, evolutions, so on.

I have no idea if God loves us or not. I believe that if He doesn't love us, he at least doesn't mind us since He did make us. (: