View Single Post
  (#24 (permalink)) Old
alixthetree Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: alix

Points: 12,371, Level: 16 Points: 12,371, Level: 16 Points: 12,371, Level: 16

Re: To all those who have been bullied, Do you believe it effected the way you function at school? - March 27th 2011, 05:16 AM

Absolutly. Like others have said, in elementry school I did good in my classes. It wasn't until towards the end of my 6th grade year that things started to change. I became very very introverted and hardly ever spoke up because when I did I was constantly told that absolutly no one cared about what I had to say. Even now in college I'm still very introverted. I don't really socialize with others unless I'm forced too (e.g. group project) or they talk to me first and even then I just want the conversation to be over. It's affected me in things like interviews as well, not being able to talk to new people very well doesn't give you the best chance of getting a job.

One thing I do find though is that in certain situations I'm able to talk to people easier. Like during my current job, but maybe it's cause I've also had it for 3 years. I also find it easier to have a conversation with someone I don't know at all over the internet, when there usually isn't a chance of ever meeting that person.

I just hate that they, the people doing the bullying, don't think about how it's going to effect other for the rest of their lives.

Accept and Never
Forget Only
Life Dies.

No matter the amount of negativity you're presented with...
5 minutes from now could be your best moment.
-Mod Sun

Last edited by alixthetree; March 27th 2011 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Because the first time I tried posting this I accidently deleted everything I typed and had to retype it. Yup! :)