View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
BeautifulBecca Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Beckah

Points: 8,272, Level: 13 Points: 8,272, Level: 13 Points: 8,272, Level: 13

Re: Why so Pregnant? - March 27th 2011, 06:21 PM

I'm 17 and I'm pregnant.
At first I was incredibly ashamed of myself- ashamed of what my parents would think, and what pretty much everyone else would. And when I told my boyfriend and his reaction was far from what I'd wanted it to be- he really wasn't happy, it reallyreallyreally hurt me more than anything.
But, he did come around and now he's being so supportive, we have our little fights, but that's just normal! I'm planning to move in with him.
I'm also planning to carry on with my education, as is he- so that we will be able to support our child.
He or she- I've yet to find out the gender, is now the most important thing in my life. At first I always thought like you- birth control is so readily available, are these girls stupid?! But I made that mistake, I didn't take my pill for a couple days and I slept with my boyfriend- our protection broke, but I didn't think anything of it until a few days later.
People can think what they want- but you really shouldn't make judgements on other people's situations before you truly know what's going on. It's far from ideal that I'm pregnant now- it's not what I wanted, but now, all I want is my baby to be okay and healthy.
I also want to give my child a good future- and to be honest, it's regardless of age, just because I'm 17, it doesn't mean I won't make a good parent, or I've just been stupid and had a baby for the fun of it- because that is not true. My child will have a stable family and a home, and just because i'm not in work yet, doesn't mean I won't be soon- I'm trying so hard, as are millions of other soon to be or Teen Mum's out there. I have to admit that I come from a slightly wealthier family, which may make things easier over time, but it doesn't mean that I'm not going to get up and get my own job, because I will- I'll do just about anything to support my child.
And to be honest, it's comments like that, that really put me down and make me feel like some stupid, dumb girl that has got herself into a bad situation.

Sorry, I feel like i've ranted... I just can't help but feel judged a lot now. :P And it's not very nice to feel that way- my Dad's still mad about it, but what can we do? What's happened has happened and I want to make sure my baby's future is secure and safe, which it will be.

Last edited by BeautifulBecca; March 27th 2011 at 06:29 PM.