John 6:29 Offline
Romans 2:6-8
I've been here a while

Name: Michael

Points: 17,013, Level: 18 Points: 17,013, Level: 18 Points: 17,013, Level: 18

Re: Science, religion...thoughts - March 27th 2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOW!USaidSomethingSmart! View Post
Given that you're focusing on chance for that, I'm not understand why you say you don't agree with the chance argument. When you mention the big bang happening in other areas, you say it's less rare for us to have been made, which does show you don't agree with the chance argument. I think I must be missing something or not understand part of the post mentioned in the above paragraph.
I don't necessarily agree with the chance argument, and there is no circular reasoning in my argument. I was showing the circular reasoning in the posters argument. To say it's very rare for us to be here by "chance," then the person arguing that way would have to agree that it is EQUALLY as rare, if not MORE rare, for a God who is that knowledgeable to exist. In other words, if someone wants to say, "The chances are very slim we would just end up here without a designer," well, it's just as unlikely for that Designer to exist.

"Daniel broke the kings decree, Peter stepped from the ship to the sea, there was hope for Job like a cut down tree... I hope that there's such hope for me... Blind as I've become, I used to wonder where you were. These days I can't find where You're not. Mine's been a yard carefully surface tended, foxes burrowed underground. Gardening so highly self-recommended, what could I have done but let You down? The sun and the moon, I want to see both worlds as one." -Aaron Weiss, mewithoutYou