John 6:29 Offline
Romans 2:6-8
I've been here a while

Name: Michael

Points: 17,013, Level: 18 Points: 17,013, Level: 18 Points: 17,013, Level: 18

Re: A Few Questions About Religion - March 27th 2011, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I don't believe any this because I'm an Atheist. I respect people and their Religion, I just want a few answers about Religion.

According to the bible, Incest is a sin. Adam and Eve performed Incest with their children, considering their weren't any other humans on Earth. I know God allowed Incest at the time because there was know other choice, but after a while he prohibited it. So that means everyone on the Earth is your brother or sister. If you have sex with someone that means you are having sex with a brother or sister which is Incest, which is a sin. Why would God still allow this after he prohibited thousand's of years ago?
No, it wasn't a sin. It wasn't a law yet. Romans covers this. The law wasn't given till Moses, which is several hundred years after Adam and Eve. Also, the question itself is a mistake. Adam and Eve weren't the only people created. They were just the first, and the only ones that the Bible gives direct descriptions of. How do we know there were more? When Cain killed Abel... "Cain said unto the LORD, My punishment [is] greater than I can bear. Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, [that] every one that findeth me shall slay me. And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him." However, in the Bible we are only given the geneology of Adam and Eve, and the only people existing in this chapter, by your logic, is Adam, Eve, Cain, and Abel (that Abel is now dead). So, if Adam and Eve were in the garden, Abel was driven out, who was left to kill Abel? No one by your standard, thus more were living.

You have to think the Bible as a movie, or a book. You can't simply assume every even ever recorded is in the Bible. It'd be WAY to long! So, it focuses on individuals, not all. That is, were only given a glimpse of what happen, because if all events were recorded, there wouldn't be a book big enough to contain it. When you watch a movie, there is essentially more to the story than you are seeing. There are all those other people around the main characters, but you never see their story. Just the main plot. You have to think the Bible the same way. The Bible only includes that which is needed to testify about God's Son and to save His elect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post

Another thing I want to talk about is The Devil. Why is The Devil the personification of Evil and them enemy of God and humankind? The Devil punishes bad people right? That means The Devil doing something good. The Devil is helping God punish bad people. I don't understand how The Devil is an enemy of God.
The Devil doesn't punish bad people. Lucifer was the mightiest angel in Heaven, and more beautiful than all the angels. He was jealous, wanted to be come greater than God and overthrow Him. Therefore, God threw Him out of Heaven, and is placing Him in Hell, in torment, as He will do with all the wicked. The Devil, really, is the most powerful evil, but he is simply here to deceive people. He is a liar. But the Devil will have the same end as those who he deceives: destruction. It's not some yin yang kind of good and evil. Hell isn't the Devil tormenting people. Hell is God's wrath.

"Daniel broke the kings decree, Peter stepped from the ship to the sea, there was hope for Job like a cut down tree... I hope that there's such hope for me... Blind as I've become, I used to wonder where you were. These days I can't find where You're not. Mine's been a yard carefully surface tended, foxes burrowed underground. Gardening so highly self-recommended, what could I have done but let You down? The sun and the moon, I want to see both worlds as one." -Aaron Weiss, mewithoutYou