Jocelyn. Offline
Now fight.
I've been here a while

Name: Joce

Points: 15,451, Level: 18 Points: 15,451, Level: 18 Points: 15,451, Level: 18

Re: Why so Pregnant? - March 28th 2011, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkei View Post
Some things said in this have annoyed me a little I became pregnant when i was 18 and has her at 19. I WAS on birth control i had the implant fitted and thats meant to be 99% effective! Having a baby is tough M has cried all day because shes over tired and has a cold, she still isn't asleep now so has been up 12 hours you really dont want a baby yet, yes its amazing but wait for a while until you've lived more of your life.
Same here... I was on the pill taking it as directed and still ended up pregnant.

With that said, I think with the majority of girls its not quite an accident. I think its more "not using a condom cause it doesn't feel good" or "missing a pill... but f*** it we'll be ok this one time" or just being dumb and not using anything because they don't care what happens.

I DO think having a baby becoming the "in" thing to do. Like babies are the coolest cutest new accessory for girls. And I DEFINITELY think Teen Mom/16& glamorizes it. These shows show NOTHING about what its like to take care of a kid. Its all about there petty teenage drama. Nothing about teething, colds, colic, where to get money for your diapers, and all the other million things that comes with having a baby. I seriously think girls are looking up to them like role models. If they can do it, so can I! "Beating the Odds" my ass...

What life is like after having a baby is something you can't even comprehend until you've experienced it. I won't try and explain for the millionth time why its so hard because no one takes it seriously anyway. I'd love to see a show about girls who are forced to take care of a newborn for a month and see if they still say the want a baby.

I don't know too many teen moms who will say they regret having there child, I don't regret mine. I do regret when I had him though. Its ridiculous how much you have to worry about when it comes to your baby and I sure as hell could have given him a better life if I had waited. Because once the little one is here its all about them, not about you wanting you new accessory that's only cute and tiny for so long anyway.

So anyone on here who wants a toddler for a week? It's win/win. I get a much needed vacation and you get snapped back into reality!

When reality is a prison, your mind can set you free.